15 April 2012

Beads to buttons

Happy Sunday! Hope you are having a great weekend.  I was able to get some crafty time in with my crafty gals yesterday.  It was actually a 12 hour crop but I only went to the last half.  I'm a hopeless scrapbooker, so I made cards instead (I did have a project with me but it never saw the light of day).  Decided to make one more card for the Paper Smooches DT Search.  This one was unusual because it was probably my favourite inspiration photo out of the four I've chosen to do but it was the most difficult to pull together.  I think it took me an hour to finally figure out what I was doing and pull it together (I can usually do a card in 30 minutes or less).  The inspiration photo is from the first Sparks Challenge on September 9th (see photo below).  I was away working at the time so didn't play along.


I was inspired by the colours and textures.  Blue and coral together are tough for me but I think it works.  Still not sure if I love it though.  What do you think?


I have two side notes to finish off today.  First, two of my good friends Jocelyn Olson and Emily Leiphart have been chosen as finalists for the Paper Crafts' Stamping Royalty Honourable Mention.  Today is the last day to vote so it would be great if you could run over and vote for one of these super talented women. Second, my fab friend Jill Grace sent me a fabulous card and did a really cool blog post about it.  Check it out.  I have such great friends!

Monday ETA - A huge congrats to my friend Cheiron for being one of the newest Hero Arts Hostesses!

Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for stopping by.  Have a great week.
Glenda

Card details:
Just a note - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps: Paper Smooches Geo-Graphic & Sentiment Sampler
Paper:  Jillibean Soup Kraft
Ink:  VersaMark & Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  May Arts mesh ribbon & Natural Twine, Jillibean Soup buttons (all but the top white one), We R Memory Keepers (top white button)

10 comments:

  1. You are really rockin the Paper Smooches! Good luck to you, you would be great on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is totally awesome...Love how you used the buttons... Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. The buttons are so pretty and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, Glenda! If you don't make the DT then there is something wrong with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw... thanks for the nod - and LOVE the card. Just channel your inner Miami Vice, and the blue and coral will magically WORK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glenda - great job with this inspiration photo. I never could translate it to paper, so I didn't even try! LOL! I love the color scheme, and I think your blue and coral just look so "fresh" together. I also love the way you used the mesh - it really resembles the cording in the jewelry. I agree with Jen - if you don't make the DT, there is something definitely wrong with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool, Glenda! I love the buttons on the webbing. I'd say I should get some but it's ribbon, isn't it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your takes are always so spot on! Love the pretty buttons. I miss crop nights... always a good time even though I hardly get anything completed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glenda, this card is awesome! I can most definitely say that *I* love this!! And I am just droooooooooooling over those lovely buttons. Fantastic!

    (Sorry I haven't been able to stop by much recently--real life has been calling, rather LOUDLY, I might add! It was a treat to be able to stop by to see your creations again.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your style is unique in comparison to other people I've read stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I'll just book mark this page.
    Also visit my webpage nur

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}