04 August 2012

Sentiment Scramble

My friend Emily hosted the Hero Arts Scramble over at the Hero Arts Flickr group.  Her challenge was to mix and match sentiments.  Her suggestions were:
(1) mix and match two or more different sentiments to create a new one
(2) use part of an existing sentiment
(3) use an alphabet set to create your own sentiment

So I used big hugs from XO and You Make Me Smile from Made with Love.  This challenge stressed me out a bit because I am terrible at masking (Emily is awesome at it).  I also used one of the sketches from this month's Hero Arts contest (see image below).



Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you are having a great weekend.  It's a long weekend here, the sun is shining and it's hot so I've loving it!

Glenda

Card details:
big smile - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps: Hero Arts XO and Made with Love
Paper:  white, kraft, Basic Grey PB&J
Ink: VersaMagic Pink Grapefruit, A Muse Sage
Accessories: Studio Calico veneers, Copics, SU! ticket punch

5 comments:

  1. Love the colors of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Glenda. Love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card! Especially when it's under time constraints. That's the sketch I have my eye on, too. :P I'm glad you had time to play -- I was stuck in a car yesterday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH! you've used some of my fav papers on this card! LOOOOOOOOOOOVE! Fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is lovely! The little star is adorable! The masking looks awesome - it scares me too! That's usually why I cheat and just cut apart my stamps... :-P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}