03 November 2016

Striking Stencils

Happy Thursday crafty friends.  Welcome to another Seize the Birthday challenge!  This week we are playing with stencils.  Remember, the 'topping' is always an option.  I borrowed a friend's stencil and inks for this card.  The power went out while I was doing it so had to finish it by flash light (that was a few weeks ago)!  Looking at this card, I am reminded that I need to work on my blending technique!


Hope you get a chance to play along this week.  All the requirements for playing along are on the blog.  Be sure to give some love to all of the design team while you are there too.  There are some awesome creations!


My hubby and I went away on a little mini-vacation for a couple of days this week.  It's just a few hours north of here, on the west coast of Vancouver Island... a little place called Tofino. Thought I would share a couple of pictures of this little slice of paradise. It is known for it's winter storms and we were lucky enough to get both calm and stormy weather.



Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific day and wonderful weekend.  
Glenda

Card details 
happy birthday to you - 5x5"
Stamps: Lawn Fawn scripty sayings
Ink: Distress Inks - Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Hickory Smoke; VersaFine Black
Paper: white and black card stock
Accessories: Crafters Workshop Aspen Trees stencil, sponge, A Muse gems 

5 comments:

  1. Your inked background looks amazing! Pretty colors and fun design!
    Wow, your pictures from your trip look amazing! TFS!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K
    STB Surprise Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I need to get out my birch tree stencil! And if you were making any part of this card by flashlight... wow, even more impressive. (<3 Tofino.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, If you can do this well with a flashlight for light...I am very impressed! Love the choice of colors! Hope you enjoyed your little getaway...I enjoyed your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blended background looks awesome! Can't believe you did it by flash light! Love the color combo of your card and the pics from your mini vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, talk about a dedicated stamper, crafting by flashlight! I stamped by candlelight one year after a hurricane, lol. I Love your beautifully sponged background, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}